We have been providing treatment for shoulder pain in San Francisco since 1992.
Shoulder pain is fairly common these days, especially with office workers who spend the majority of their day sitting in front of a computer doing repetitive motions with the upper extremities. often times there is associated neck, arm and hand pain.
There are 3 primary causes of shoulder pain:
1. Acute shoulder pain from trauma or injury such as a sports injury or auto accident.
2. Cumulative Trauma Disorder from doing repetitive shoulder and upper extremity movements over time.
3. Chronic shoulder pain, which is pain that persists for over 3 months. It is usually the result of 1 or 2 above,
Unfortunately, a visit to the chiropractor is not high on the list of someone that is experiencing a bout of shoulder pain. Typically, they do nothing or visit a medical doctor. Some sharp medical doctors will refer out for physical therapy or even chiropractic. Many will still prescribe painkillers and muscle relaxers (bad news). Drugs typically only mask the symptoms and do not address the cause.
Over the past 23 years we have treated thousands of cases of shoulder pain at our chiropractic clinic in San Francisco. The treatment methods (depending on the actual problem) we use are as follows:
- Chiropractic adjustments to the neck, arms and shoulders
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Active Release Techniques (ART)
- Deep Tissue Laser Therapy
- Kinesio Tape
- Electronic Muscle Stimulation
- Ice and Heat
Depending on whether the case is acute or chronic or cumulative will dictate the actual treatment plan and duration of care. We will usually be able to make our recommendations on the first or second day.
So, if you live or work in the SF Bay Area and have suffered a shoulder injury, we would like to meet with you. We are conveniently located at the Embarcadero Center One in the Financial District and have validated parking.
To schedule an appointment for shoulder pain treatment in San Francisco please call 415-392-2225 and mention this blog post.